Duterte happy as gov’t agencies follow his order to destroy seized drugs

President Rodrigo Duterte said that he’s happy that government agencies have started to carry out his order to destroy seized illegal drugs in order to avoid the possibility of recycling.

During a meeting in the Palace which was pre-recorded and aired last night (October 14), Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año said that concerned government agencies had already destroyed P8.6 billion worth of crystal meth or commonly known as shabu. Another batch of 1,000 kilograms of the illegal substance is set to be eradicated today.

Duterte also ordered to distribute the process of destroying confiscated illegal drugs and to involve the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Office of the Solicitor General (OSG). The president instructed that within about 24 hours from the operations of law enforcement agents, the seized drugs should be destroyed.

Recommended Posts